May 5, 2009

A bad news...

Thank you all for stopping by. I have been working on my school stuff all this time. All of my projects are finished and I am pretty proud of them. I have last two finals tomorrow. Then I will be back here as usual.
In fact, I might be here more often. I just found out today that my hours at work are going to be cut almost in half starting next week, maybe till June. Reason? I guess economy...
I am more then frustrated since we had lost one income in the house already. What do i do? I am having a feeling I 'll find out soon.
I might have a back up plan, but that will require some prayers. :)
On the other side, Jacquie at Tallgrass Prairie Studio is holding the Spring to Finish on till the end of May. I am looking for some quality time spent behind the sewing machine.
Wish me luck... I'll need it.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Ugh... I can definitely sympathize. Hope you find a way to stay afloat financially (and some cheap crafts to fill the extra time!)

Alicia said...

I'm so sorry about the cut back! We had some pretty drastic cutbacks here as well and I lost a job before even getting it. Sigh. It's rough loosing that stability and you're in my prayers as you follow up on other leads. Until then fabric stashes and thrift store finds can be wonderful, wonderful things. :) I knew I haunted those 99c pattern sales for a reason!

Kim said...

Ooh, dear! I am sad to hear this. Hopefully you will be back on full time again before long. They say the economy is moving and doing much better now. Some recovery time is needed, unfortunately, and many cutbacks have been made. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope you get on okay. All you need to do right now is to get through those final exams, that is a job in itself. A bit of sewing time would be nice. Sorry for your worries.

QuiltedSimple said...

Ugh. I hope things work out for you. But more sewing time would be good, right?
Kris