December 10, 2008

Oh, no....

I didn't have a good day.
Last night with the snow/wind storm we lost our internet connection. We don't have cable here, so it's working through the satelite and because of the weather, that obviously didn't work.
This morning we found out that the company the internet is coming from won't fix it unless we pay $160.00 dollars or sign another two year contract. So what do we do?
Send them .... you know where. We were in search for other company for awhile anyway since there were other issues.
We found a different company, but they won't be able to come and set it up until Dec. 18th.
So, I am posting this from school. Sorry, no pictures...
This wouldn't be the end of the world for us anyway because we can use internet at work or at school.
Well, another unfortunate thing that happened is that I am worried about my flight home.
My dad woke up us this morning calling from Slovakia. There has been strikes going on in Budapest airport (where I am supposed to arrive) since this morning and flights are being canceled. You can read about it more here, if you are interested.
I was nervous about the whole traveling part of my trip anyway. I am not much of a traveler, you may say.
I don't know how long this will be going on, but it sure makes me worried.

If I won't be able to post until I leave....
I will definately post from Slovakia. I should be able to get there sometime, right?
I just might be too worried about other things tomorrow.
I am leaving Chicago 5pm on Friday, wish me luck.


em's scrapbag said...

Hope you travel safely and have a wonderful trip.

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh I hope your flight goes through ok!! I hope the strikes end shortly!

And I would definitely search for another satelite company - who wants to pay that much at once right now???

Have a safe trip!

jacquie said...

travel safely! can't wait to hear from you from slovakia!