December 26, 2008

Home....

First, I hope all of you had a beautiful Christmas! I was absent for a while and yes I owe you. I promised to keep you updated and here I go being quiet.
Today, in few hours, will be exactly two weeks since I left home to come home.
I have been spending time with my family, at least as much I could.
Those two weeks flew by and I don't even know how. I didn't even meet all of the people I promised I will visit, but I think I was a bit ambitious to think I will be able to do so.
I am full of happy and also weird feelings. I love being with my family, but I am missing someone who is a big part of my life too. I realized that I don't feel complete alone anymore.... and no Christmas will be truly Christmas without this person.
I know this should be craft blog, but as you can imagine I didn't have chance to do any of it lately.
What about my home?
While in US I couldn't even imagine how I would feel returning home after such a long time. Now, here in Slovakia with my family and places that are so familiar, I feel like I only left about a month ago.
On the other hand, I do miss an American Christmas magic that I grew to like as well.

I will have to share all of my feelings from this special trip slowly, just because I can't just spit it all out, but here are at least some images from my first days.



Walk through downtown on the way to the opera...



My youngest nephew with typical Slovak dish (Bryndzove halusky/ Sheep cheese potato noodles)...




My sister and me...



View from my room, but I wanted to show parking. I was shocked to see it... In the past years more people started to use cars for transportation and parking problem arose. As you can see...

5 comments:

jacquie said...

looks so interesting. can't wait to hear more. i'm sure it's hard to be home, but miss your other home.

Nanette Merrill said...

The lights going to the opera are so lovely. What a wonderful time with your family. I'm so happy for you.

Matroskin said...

Your nephew is supercute! He must like the dish a lot. Maybe one day you can give us a recipe. I've never had Slovak food.

Danielle said...

misha glad you are having fun, send me some pictures later. your missing cold weather and lots of snow. things are a little crazy.... enjoy your last days!

PedroSk said...

B**u, the Christmas without wasn't the same. You are the only one I ever want to be with. I was thinking, would you mind to grow old with me?