April 19, 2009

Online Quilt Festival '09...

By now I've caught up with my blog reading and seen many many beautiful quilts. Many of them were part of the On line Quilt festival that Amy at Park City Girl organized for all of us that don't have the chance to visit big quilt shows.
Check out my side bar for the link to see all those great quilts featured.

It was hard to pick just one, but ..


Here is my favorite...



This quilt started as a charity quilt for baby boy in Kentucky mountains. I pulled out my scrap bin and one very sweet (father and son) fabric, I bought a while ago to make this quilt.




Also, I wanted to try some improvisational piecing inspired by Jacquie, so I just played along as pulling scraps from bin.


All this became one beautiful quilt. I fell in love with it and could not bear departing it to the unknown.

So instead I kept it and made three other quilts for Mountain Baby Blankets project.
It is also the biggest quilt I ever quilted on my own and I am just all over that crinkled softness.


Here all for you a load of pictures of it that I love...

22 comments:

Amy said...

Lovely. I would have had trouble parting with it as well.

Vicki said...

It's beautiful. I love those huge log cabin blocks.

Zonnah said...

It is so cute and I am loving the fabric you used for the back.

Beth said...

This is lovely, you did an amazing job on this quilt!
Beth
cornerhousequilts.blogspot.com

Jocelyn said...

What a great quilt. Love the father son fabric. Your one became three....very generous.

Sherri said...

I love your quilt...I can see why you wouldn't want to part with it...and you made 3 instead of one for donation that way too!

jacquie said...

so great that you picked this one! congrats on your big finish too!!

Kerri said...

this is such a lovely quilt!! i just love log cabins!! :)

Coloradolady said...

Really pretty. I love the fabrics and colors.

Belva said...

Ohh, I love this. What great use of color. I really like the quilting too. So many new ideas, sso little time. Thanks for sharing.

2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel said...

I love those centers! Looks good!
Good choice for the show.
nice photos too.

Amy said...

It looks lovely. I'm sure the other two quilt were appreciated where ever they ended up too.

Quilt Rat said...

How bright and delightful.......great quilt!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

lovely! thanks for sharing! the colors dance!

jlk said...

What a great quilt. I wouldn't be able to let it go, either.

Unknown said...

Great quilt! I love your improv style :)

Anonymous said...

This is so cute and really cool! I love that it was a charity quilt. Very nice!

stitchinpenny said...

What a wonderful quilt and a very touching story about how the quilt moved into your heart. Love it!

urban craft said...

wow, lovely, that's a beauty!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is beautiful!

Kristie said...

Wow! I can see why that is your favorite! I just love those fabrics!
Kristie

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

I love this one, too. I think it's my favorite that you've done, as well. I love the new blog header!