Unfortunately, you can't see it on the pictures for two reasons mainly. One, the pictures were taken with my phone and two, the fabric in the middle is re-purposed window treatment and therefore was washed many times already, which explains the lack of crinkles. However, I loved the way this turned out, but for whatever reason this quilt sat unfinished for two years. It was sometimes in September when I realized that it would be a perfect fit for my future mother-in-law's living room. I made these two pillows for her last year for Christmas.
So the only thing I had to do was somehow marry the quilt to the pillows. I decided for yo-yo flowers appliqué. The stem is a simple vintage ric-rac which I bought about a year ago in the thrift shop and the leaves are from left over fleece that I used two winters ago for our dog's coat. Backing fabric is one of many given to me by friends and family of some past quilters and binding was another thrift store find from about two years ago.
I love when my thrifted purchases wait and find their perfect place one day.
So, I guess this quilt could count in for my challenge except it was done in 2009.