October 30, 2008

Black Bean Soup to warm up ....



Now that I am in the crunch to get everything done (handmade gifts, school projects, wrap up the season at work,...) I am digging in for my super easy fast recipes for meals at home. They need to be super easy and super fast and even better if I can use what I still have left from the garden.
This was the case with our dinner the other night. I had bunch of small peppers from the garden that I frantically picked all up the day before the first frost. They weren't the most beautiful little fellows, but hey, they taste great.
The Black Bean Soup is one of ours favorite anyway and perfect choice for cooler evenings.
This recipe was my starter and I've been using it for a while now, but I seem to change it every time I make the soup. My variations depend on what I have available at home. If I don't have carrots, I add corn or little bit of salsa. If I don't have cooked ham, I cut up what ever I have (sausage, hot dog, you name it...).
But the one main change to this recipe that I made is to use 2 cans of Organic Black beans as for the whole beans in the soup (We like it thick) and I add 1 can of refried black beans instead of messing with the blender.
Give me a handful of corn tortilla chips, spoon of sour cream and shredded cheese on the top and I am all set.
I forgot to take a picture of our fabulous , super easy and fast dinner. This were the left overs next day - we ran out of sour cream.


1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

Black bean soup is so good and sooo easy!