October 24, 2008

I am branching out...

"Are you branching out?" That is what my friend said after I metioned I bought a book to remind me how to knit. I learned how to knit as a little girl, but never had enough patience to finish anything. I remember kniting vest back home. By the time I was almost done it was too small for me. Luckily, there was enough kniters in the family (gramma, mom, sister) who supplied everybody with warm, wooly sweaters, hats, etc.. I rather kept myself busy with sewing.
Few weeks ago I was inspired by this new kniter to maybe give it a try once more.



As soon as I read her post, I found the book and bought it. I love it. I hope that all those cute ideas and SMALL projects would inspire me to knit something actually from start to finish in timely manner.







And as you can see, I already gave in. Let's hope I can keep it going. It might need to be a little slower because of all christmas sewing I need to do, but I love that I can take it with anywhere I go (...long flight back home in December....). Do they alow knitting needles on planes?

2 comments:

Leciawp said...

Love the snake!

Michaela said...

I thought it was the snake when I've seen the picture in the book, but apparently it's wiggly worm scarf. :)